We all have minor ailments at some point or the other in our lifetime. These may range from minor headaches to stomach cramps. We often miss these owing to professional or personal commitments. But these minor issues which we miss may be fatal in the long run.
No one indeed knows our body better than we do, but we may not always read it right and ignore the early signs of serious concerns that come in the form of these small ailments.
We presume that by maintaining a balanced diet, scheduling regular check-ups, leading an active lifestyle we are on the right track when it comes to managing our health. It may work, but unfortunately, that’s easier said than done, as there are cheat days, or when we miss that regular check-up appointment and avoid consulting the doctor of our choice.
What are the minor health issues that we often miss?
So, can a minor itch or pain be classified as a disease? Experts believe that if it is just a little ache and it is by all itself, then it is usually not a problem. This little itch can be concerning if it occurs simultaneously along with other minor symptoms.
We often suffer from denial mechanism (which corresponds to suppressing awareness of information that causes uncomfortable feelings), that lets us deny any health conditions which may prove fatal otherwise when ignored.
- Consider this, a person has a cold, and ignores it as a minor dust allergy. Her son kept asking for her to go and see a doctor which she ignored as a passing cold and cough. The situation got worse and in some-days, she eventually started coughing up phlegm and blood. The situation became worse and her son had to drive her to the doctor for a thorough check-up. She was diagnosed with lung cancer which eventually led to her untimely death.
- Here is another instance, ignoring itchy skin which we miss as a reaction to external dryness, irritants or even minor sunburns. Itchy skin also indicates conditions related to kidney and liver. Recent studies by leading medical journals have pointed itchy skin to be indicative of severe blood diseases like leukemia, biliary cirrhosis, lymphoma, and kidney failure.
- Other instances include ignoring chest pains that radiate to one’s jaw and arm, which often pass as just indigestion, which may be early signs of an unhealthy heart resulting in an eventual heart attack.
- Neck stiffness which we ignore and pass as a reoccurring condition due to sitting long hours at the office can also indicate a degenerative cervical spinal disorder, which when left untreated, can also lead to compression of the spinal cord, paralysis, permanent nerve damage and in rare cases, death. It is recurring neck pain and does not get away, it is always advisable to, get it checked out by a professional.
A step closer to Healthy Living
In a world aided better by technology, healthy living is a step closer which we often fail to acknowledge. Digital Healthcare has led to smart cases of the usability of Practice Management software which not only allows you to track minor health issues but also helps you to store your and your family’s health records.
The advantages of technology backed healthcare-
- Digital platforms like Gigadocs lets you manage the healthcare of your family on the go. You can book appointments with your favourite doctors online at your convenience. Thus, no more missing those regular health check-ups.
- Gigadocs platform lets you to digitally manage your and your family’s health record maintenance in one app, where you can track your prescriptions, doctor’s appointments with regular notifications.
- You will get alerts for medical drives, vaccinations schedules, and doctor’s availability through Gigadocs app and website.
- You can monitor your health by updating and storing your Vitals regularly. In addition, you can also choose to share this info with your doctor, on a real-time basis.
- Often it gets difficult to remember the appointments and check-up schedules which eventually lets us miss them. Leaping forward, you can be rest assured that this never happens, Gigadocs sends you push notifications of your upcoming doctor’s appointments and follow up schedules.
So, what are you waiting for? A good Health is the key to happiness, improved productivity at workplace and overall well-being. Never miss those minor health issues, keep your vitals in check and maintain a balanced lifestyle. Consult us, to know how we at Gigadocs can help you to healthy well-being, consult us today at email@example.com