Over the day, we munch on easy to order and taste unhealthy good fast foods. But have you ever wondered that how harmful it is to munch and get away with these junk foods? Gulping on unhealthy junk food is linked to depression, digestive issues, higher risk of obesity, heart disease, type 2 diabetes and the in some cases cancer.
So, what is “junk food”? You will agree junk or fast food is something which is delivered quickly, is tasty and comes with a variety of choice. Essentially fast food comes with high calorie count and is low on nutrients. High processed junk food is also usually high on added sugars, salt and saturated or trans fats and it does not stop there, they are addictive and thus are more dangerous.
We often pass junk food thinking that once or twice eating them does not do any bad to our vitals, a myth which is often ignored. Even a single fast-food meal can narrow your arteries, leading to increased blood pressure and a quick spike in sugar levels which can cause a surge in insulin, leading to a quick drop in blood sugar. This has a long-term effect leaving you feeling low on sugar levels tired, cranky and hungry for more.
It is not just the Fast Foods
If you thought that fast foods alone are the culprit, then think again. Even the soda that we have along with the spicy foods contains 8 teaspoons of sugar on an average. A deadly number which equals 140 calories, 39 grams of sugar, and no good. Eating these fast foods increases your LDL (bad cholesterol) and lowers your HDL (good cholesterol) at the same time significantly inflating the risk for type 2 diabetes and heart diseases.
The combination of fat, sugar, and lots of sodium (salt) makes these processed foods and drinks tasty, but in the same time leads to water retention, making you feel puffy, bloated, or swollen. Here are the effects of an unhealthy diet to your well-being-
- It is dangerous for people with blood pressure conditions having considerable effects on blood pressure and stressing on the well-being of the heart and cardiovascular system.
- Excess calories from fast-food meals lead to weight gain, leading to obesity in the long run. Obesity increases the risk of catching respiratory problems, including asthma and shortness of breath.
- Causes pressure on the heart and lungs causing difficulty in breathing while walking, climbing stairs, or exercising.
The 80:20 Rule
So, what is the 80:20 rule? Simply put it is the key to good health, studies point that eating healthy foods at least 80 per-cent of the time at the same time enjoying the occasional less healthy food cheat days (less than 20 per-cent of the time) does little damage than regularly munching on the unhealthy fast foods.
Your vital signs also point out the levels of damage caused by these unhealthy fast foods. Vital signs can measure the state of your health, which you can measure at the comfort of your home or even at a medical setting.
What do Vital Signs indicate? When they are into the normal range, they point that your health is perfectly well. If you are addicted to that fast food or the soda it may lead to vitals range falling outside of what is the norm to your age, thus an indicator of the abnormalities. Vital signs, measurements of the body’s most basic functions include –
- Body temperature
- Respiration rate
- Pulse rate
- Blood pressure (Though not considered a vital sign, but is often measured along with the vital signs)
The unhealthy fast foods do no good to your body, and your vitals is an indicator of the same. Revolutionary healthcare app like Gigadocs helps you to track your vitals and shows the troubling indicators which may lead to obesity, increased fat %, and high BMIs. You can also choose to share this info with your doctor, on a real-time basis.
Through the Gigadocs app, you can :
- Digitally stores all the health records of your complete family in a secured environment.
- Save your prescriptions and in an eco-friendly digital format.
- Track the changes in your vitals to keep a tab on your overall health.
- Book an appointment with the best doctors, at a click of a button near your location.
- Never miss any doctor’s appointments and follow up visits, though customised push notifications.
Gigadocs aims to create a healthcare eco-system answering to the holistic aspects of healthcare. Through its interactive platform, Gigadocs helps its users with their medical processes which include as simple as a doctor consultation or the intelligent storage of the complete family’s health records.
To know more drop a mail at email@example.com