Cancer patients must have a strong will to overcome their disease’s mental and psychological effects. It frequently depletes your physical, mental, and financial resources. Read the following numbers-
- In low- and lower-middle-income countries, cancer-causing infections like hepatitis and HPV account for 30% of cancer cases.
- One-third of cancer-related deaths are attributed to a lack of fruits and vegetables, a lack of exercise, tobacco use, obesity, and alcohol consumption.
- Cancer is the leading cause of death in the world, accounting for nearly one out of every six deaths.
- The most common types of Cancer include rectum, lung, colon, prostate, and breast cancer.
The five-year cancer survival rate in India is broken down by cancer type.
|India: Cancer survival rate|
|Hodgkin’s Lymphoma cancer||86%|
Now that we know the survival rates of various types of cancer let us look at how we can emotionally support and assist someone suffering from cancer-
How Can We Emotionally Support and Assist Someone Suffering from Cancer?
- Emotional support remains one of the most important aspects of cancer treatment. Fighting a potentially fatal disease takes its toll on cancer patients. We should help our loved ones with the care and protection they need while battling cancer.
- People express their concern and tenderness in the face of this severe disease by giving roses to cancer patients and caregivers. Cancer treatments are extremely taxing on the body and mind of those afflicted. Most people are traumatized by the changes their bodies undergo due to this disease’s ravaging nature.
On September 22, the world celebrates World Rose Day to honor cancer survivors and raise awareness about cancer survival:
World Rose Day
World Rose day is observed in memory of Melinda Rose, a 12-year-old Canadian girl diagnosed with a rare form of blood cancer, and her efforts to bring joy and hope into the lives of other patients despite her disease.
Rose Day aims to bring joy and optimism into cancer survivors’ lives and remind them that they are fighters beating cancer.
Gigadocs and Cancer Care Treatment
Tele-medicine A.K.A video-conferencing and/or phone conferencing between a healthcare provider and a patient are substituting in-person clinic visits while maintaining ongoing communication between the patient and the healthcare team to ensure the continuity of cancer care. Gigadocs offers telemedicine services integrated into daily routines to ensure promising quality cancer care and the continuity of treatment. A Gigadocs tele-medicine appointment is similar to an in-person visit in which the cancer experts review the patient’s medical record and status while connecting online with the patient and taking notes, just as they would during an in-person visit. Download the Gigadocs app today- to learn more about how Gigadocs can help with Cancer care and treatment-