Drinking warm water has its own benefits, one being it is a great immunity booster for your health and fulfills all the needs to beat the harshness of changing seasons and helps you to stay fit. 75% of our body is made up of fluids and for optimal functioning, it needs an optimal balance of electrolytes, which is obtained by water.
The purpose of boiling water is to kill and inactivate the viruses, bacteria, protozoa. You must know that boiling water is not sterilization but is more characterized as pasteurization, a process that kills those organisms that can cause harm. If you are a weight watcher, then consider drinking warm water early in the morning. Water helps to maintain the right balance of electrolyte and detoxifies the toxins present in the body, it is excellent for seasonal flu, cold and cough, besides sipping warm water is good to soothe the chest against the Covid-19 fight.
Here are the benefits of drinking water to combat the Monsoon diseases and Seasonal infections-
- Warm Water Detox
Cold and flu are the most common monsoon problems, and warm water sooths the throat and acts as a Covid-19 protective shield. Drink warm water every day to soothe the nasal and throat congestion during the rainy season. Drink water to remove the phlegm from the respiratory tract.
Digestion problems are very common in the rainy season, drinking water aids in digestion, prefer to have warm water after a meal, it dissolves the fat deposited in the inner walls of the intestine. It even mitigates the chances of intestinal cancer. Prefer to have lukewarm water in the morning also to flush the toxins.
- Blood Circulation
Lukewarm water also aids to a proper blood circulation and transports blood to the nervous system. A healthy nervous system is extremely critical to the overall well-being, a hydrated body implicates that your immune system is strong enough to fight off all the seasonal monsoon infections.
Congestion in the chest can adversely affect your respiratory system. The nasal congestion is a common occurrence in the monsoon season, it happens when the mucus is deposited in the air passage and lunge leading to inflammation. The best way to flush them out is by drinking water. Besides Lukewarm water is great to sooth sinus and sore throat.
Water and Kidney Diseases
The amount of water you have is directly linked to the well-being of your kidneys. Drinking the right amount of water depends upon the differences in age, climate, and lifestyle. Water keeps your blood vessels open to enable oxygen travel freely to your kidneys, and deliver essential nutrients to them. The opposite happens if you become dehydrated, making it difficult for the kidneys to get their nutrition. If you are mildly dehydrated, you will feel tired, and that can impair normal bodily functions. Severe dehydration may lead to kidney damage, so it is important to drink enough especially in the humid monsoons and rainy weather. Here is what you must know while drinking water-
- There is no set parameter that everyone needs 8 glasses of water a day. It depends on the amount of water lost from our bodies. The Institute of Medicine estimates that men need approximately 3 liters of fluid daily, and women need approximately 2.2 liters of fluid daily. This can be also supplemented by one’s meals that contain water like daal, and juices
- You can drink too much water, but however be alert of how much your drink water, too much is extremely dangerous. Athletes have large quantities of water to which may dilute the sodium levels in their blood, leading to a lethal medical condition, called hyponatremia.
- Your urine can reveal the health of your vital organs. For a healthy person, the color of their urine is light yellow or colorless. When the urine is dark yellow, this indicates dehydration. A healthy person must be making about 1.5 liters of urine daily.
- Drink water to prevent the occurrence of kidney stones and urinary tract infections (UTI’s). These are very common dehydration ailments that can potentially hurt your kidneys.
The free flow of water restricts the formation of kidney stones they prevent stone-forming crystals from sticking together. Besides, water helps to dissolve the antibiotics used to treat UTIs, making them more effective. Drink water to flush out infection-causing bacteria from your body.
The adequate drinking of water can go a long way to safeguard your health this rainy season. Something as simple as water can drink your good health, glowing skin and lustrous hairs. If you are dehydrated and have a UTI don’t ignore to call a virtual consultant on Gigadocs, a smart practice management app available on play store and app store.
Consulting a Nephrologist and Urologist on Gigadocs
Book the best Nephrologist around you on the Gigadocs app. Gigadocs is an intelligent platform to manage your digital healthcare powering you to-
- Fix a consultation with doctors around you.
- Maintain your health and manage the healthcare of your family though digital recordkeeping.
- Never miss any follow-up appointments, the Gigadocs app will notify you with the timings and details of your follow-up dialysis schedules.
Kidney patients must follow social distancing and stay at home, avoid crowds as much as possible during the ongoing Coronavirus Crisis. Those who are undergoing or are treated for kidney stones and urinary tract infections (UTIs) must continue their scheduled treatments, which are prescribed three to four times a week on average.
To Download Gigadocs app-
To know more and schedule a Virtual Consultation demo, e-mail, at email@example.com